Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Put Tab A into slot B...

We did a little Ikea shopping over the weekend. No, not for us - the 5th wheel came furnished. ;-) But, the kids picked out some things for their house. One of those things is a storage cabinet just for shoes. With Steph and Dan working all day, I volunteered to put it together. The instruction book was around 27 pages long... no words, just drawings. Drawings of smiley people working in harmony. As long as I studied each drawing, I could figure out what went where...


When all was said and done, it looked just like the one on the store. The drawers opened smoothly, all the tabs went into all the slots, and it went well with the other white furniture in that room. And all those shoes will have a "happy place" to wait for their turn to be selected.

I like walking through Ikea... for the exercise and all the clever storage solutions. Oh, and the names of things; I find myself sounding like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets... although I'm not sure I want to bring home something called a Skanka.

1 comment:

Jim Thornton said...

Kind of like going to a Chinese restaurant and ordering something off the menu that ends in "Poo"!

Jim