Friday, March 16, 2012

Takin' to the streets...

Anyone remember that old Doobie Brothers song? I've been looking for a small guitar amp for traveling... it's only been a couple decades since I've shopped for something like that, and (surprise) the technology has changed. The old Pignose isn't the only battery powered option...


Only a place to plug in a guitar, though. I was looking for a bit more, but still wanted to keep it small and have a battery option. A few days of searching the internet, checking reviews, then going to Guitar Center, led me to the Roland products. They have a bunch of options, but the Cube Street seemed to be what I was looking for...


It has inputs for guitar and mic, and can be used with a keyboard. It's certainly not going to fill a stadium with sound, but for funnin' around and being able to run it anywhere (since you don't have to have an electrical outlet), this seems like it will work. I brought one home after trying it in the store... sounds good. I plugged in a mic for some vocals... not bad. Plugged in the vocal harmonizer and tweaked the sounds with both the guitar and vocal... better than not bad.

Now, if Joan finds some rich guy and leaves me homeless, I can play on a street corner for tips. Old musicians don't have to go hungry. ;-)

Since getting the new Taylor guitar, I've had a renewed interest in playing - that thing just sounds and plays sweet. Instead of picking up a guitar once a week or less, I'm playing a bit 'most every day. Even built up some calluses on my fingers again. Get your lighters ready, we may be coming to a town near you. ;-)

No comments: