Saturday, April 21, 2012

Motorized kayak??? I don't think so...

My neighbor said, "Hey, Jim, come see this."


"You like those kayaks, well this is like a motorized kayak!"

I think my neighbor has a boat addiction.  When I first met him last year, he had just gotten a Cobia fishing boat with a couple big outboards.  He tricked it out with lots of goodies.  A short time later, he found "a good deal" on a 40' sportfisher.  Shortly after that, he added a 42' Bertram, another "good deal."  I'm pretty sure he has a couple pontoon boats and jetskis on the lake by his ranch.

This little thing looks like two surfboards with two fishing boat seats, a bimini, dedicated spots for a cooler and a tackle box, and a 30 hp outboard.

He said, "You wanna take it for a spin?"

"It looks like a lot of fun, Gov, but I'm right in the middle of some boat projects."  Thinking about how lumpy the ship channel was earlier, that would be one seriously wet ride if he takes it out of the canals here today.  In the photo above, he was showing me how stable it is... all his weight on one side and it barely moved.  While there isn't much to it, it looks well designed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any idea on the make/model? I just saw one of these coming down the Intercoastal Waterway and am trying to find out info on them.....