Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Check up...

Big Red got a check up from the service department where we bought her (years ago).  Fresh oil, chassis lube, fresh fuel filter, and she needed a new glow plug.  Good to go.

While in town, we drove by our old studio building... the guy who bought the business is gone and there is now an eye doctor in the building - and a beautiful remodel, inside and out!  It was a delight to see the building looking good again; after we sold it, it didn't get much upkeep.  Yes, I know, it was no longer ours, but it still had my name on the front for the past 6 years.  Now, that is gone, and the place looks great!  I did stop in, told the ladies at the reception desk who I was, and they gave me a tour of the place.  I left with a big smile on my face.


We visited with our friends, Ron and Darlene (Ron was the contractor when we built the building) before leaving town.  Good to see long time friends again (I can't bring myself to say "old" friends ;-) ).  The town looks great - I really enjoy this time of year, when everything is green and looking fresh.  Folks in that town take pride in how their places look, and it shows.

Back to Wild Blue and prepping to hit the road again in the morning.  It was nice to have a no-travel day.

Little Izzy enjoyed the down time, too; here she is at her favorite window perch...


She got to go for a walk in the RV park; played with her toys in the boat; walked around on the bow and in the cockpit.  She is a happy little girl.  That is a long, skinny cat...


Thinking about "trading up"...



And for Stephanie, a look at her alma mater...


Nice to visit our old home area.  Back on the road tomorrow; about 1,200 miles to go.

3 comments:

Herb Stark said...

Packed and ready to roll when we wake tomorrow.

Pat Anderson said...

Well, we are waiting for both Wild Blue and Willie's Tug to arrive!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Different routes. We'll take the high road and you take the low road... ;-)