Sunday, May 27, 2012

Well, I was batting 1,000%...

... until today.  I was supposed to have the day off, but they called me in to drive.  It's a holiday weekend, so I have no issue with that (it's part of the job).  It turned out to be a long day, and we didn't see whales.  Eagles, Steller Sea Lions, seals, harbor porpoise, other birds and wildlife... but, no whales.

Joan and I were on our way to get ice cream when I got the call asking if I could come in.  So, after work, we walked down to get ice cream.  Bunny Tracks in a waffle cone - it was kinda worth the wait.

We're supposed to have the next two days off, but... we'll see how that goes.  Then, Joan starts on Wednesday.  They have been very busy in the office, so it will be good to get her trained and up to speed.

It wasn't as sunny today, and the wind and waves were higher.  Still, not a bad way to spend the day. :-)

No photos while at work, but here's a look at the islands today...


Joan tried to entice Izzy onto the dock by playing with her rope out there.  Izzy was interested, but there were WAY too many big dogs out and about on the docks...



No comments: