Saturday, June 30, 2012

Morning fog and drizzle...

No, that's not a weather forecast.  Joan has to go in early this morning, so it gave me a reason to be up and about.  There is a light drizzle and pretty fog... well, it's pretty when I'm in my snug boat or even out to take photos.  I'll be out whale watching later, and the fog/drizzle means one more level of work.

But for this morning, here's a look around our marina home...






Can you find Wild Blue in the image above?  Look for the red kayak on top.   The marina is pretty full for the weekend; there was a lot of activity when we walked over for ice cream last night... not much moving around this morning.

-----------------------

On edit: My timing was good; shortly after shooting the above images, the rain started coming down heavier... just in time for Joan's walk to work.  When it let up again, the fog rolled in thicker.  I guess it's going to be that kind of day: don't like view - wait 5 minutes.

I took another walk and shot these...



While I was out shooting, I saw two people go back to their boats to get their cameras.  It really is pretty.

Five minutes later... yep, the fog was lifting... or maybe moving?


I know I've posted an image of this "woodie," but the water was like a mirror.

Looking down into the water, I saw this critter...


You don't have to go far to get photo-ops here.


2 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

Love those kind mornings up there, of course then the sun comes out at 10AM ;)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Tim,
Well, we may be departing in the fog, according to the hourly forecast. But, there is sun on the horizon in the next week. When we are home in Texas, two days of overcast and rain makes me stir crazy. Maybe I was expecting it here, or maybe it is just the different environment, but it almost seems fitting here. The sunshine seems to make the guests more upbeat, but I enjoy the different conditions. Easy for me to say, 'cause I have an "end date." ;-)
Best wishes,
Jim