Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Office boy...

That was my training today: working in the office.  Other boat jobs I've had in the past wouldn't let captains anywhere near a cash register. ;-)  I learned how to make on-line reservations, phone reservations, vouchers, even dealt with a "Whale Plane" guest... we have a cooperative arrangement with Kenmore Air, where guests can take a sea plane from Seattle (Lake Union), and go right from the plane to our whale watch boats in Friday Harbor.  A pretty cool way to go!

In between learning office procedures, I dealt with some maintenance stuff and installs on the boats; made a run to West Marine for a new radio.  Even answered the phone a time or six.  Odds are pretty good that I won't ever have to cover in the office, but I at least understand all the procedures.

All part of the plan to be a pivotal part of this operation. :-)


No comments: