Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A foggy start to the day...

I slept a full 8 hours last night; haven't done that in months.  That early start to the day yesterday and the rough ride wore me out.  Laying in the berth this morning, I could hear the long blast from the ferry in the distance... must be foggy out there.  I find that a soothing sound, when I'm not the one out there in the soup!  When I got up, you couldn't see to the end of the dock.  Really glad I wasn't making that early trip for service today.

I checked the hourly weather guesses - they're calling for the fog to burn off by noon... about the time I have to go in to prep the boat.  Over the next couple hours, the fog moved in and out... I didn't move much at all. ;-)



I visited with one of my neighbors while topping off our water tank.  "Think this'll burn off?" he asked.  I pointed up...


"Yeah, I'm hoping it will."  Then another blast of a horn in the distance.  Glad I have a couple hours before I have to go in.

--------------------------------

"That's the big one I was telling you about!"  We don't often hear that said about our boat. ;-)  I heard the guy say that to his wife as they got close to Wild Blue.  I had just gotten out of the shower; we had the window covers up, but one pulled back to allow ventilation.  I heard the footsteps down our finger dock.  She had the good graces to wait on the main dock.  I glanced back - yep, he was peering through the eisenglass to look into the cockpit.  "I can't believe how much bigger this one is!"  (Make up your own window peeking joke here.)

I'm OK with talking about the boat, even allowing folks a look around.  I was relieved that this guy didn't knock.  Timing.  Since this is the land where C-Dorys were born, I am surprised at how many comments the boat gets.

Oh, and the fog has pretty well lifted.  The captains received new polo shirts for a uniform option... may just be a nice day for short sleeves... 'till we get out on the water.



No comments: