Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday Harbor Farmer's Market...

Just two blocks up from the marina, turn left just before you get to the theater.  I hadn't been there before, so we took a walk up there before Joan had to go to work today (I have the day off).  I had heard that it wasn't a big deal; I was pretty impressed when I saw the crowd...


It's not a huge area, but it is full of vendors, and they are selling all kinds of stuff: produce, baked goods, goat products, photo-art, sushi, pizza (yes, they have an oven in their booth, on a trailer), crafts, massage, and several musicians playing in different locations.  It's not as big as the market in Ganges, but there wouldn't be room for any more booths in the area they have...





I couldn't resist the gourmet pizza offered by one of the bakeries here.  There was a line, and it was worth the wait.  Spicy!  It was fun to walk around and take in the sights, sounds, and smells.

I bought Joan some ice cream on the way to the office - she was off to work, I had a list of boat husband tasks to get done.  I didn't tell her, but I think I'll still have time to get in a nap. ;-)


No comments: