Saturday, July 28, 2012

Let the healing begin...

I guy's gotta heal from a beating... I was glad to have the day off today... guess I'm getting soft in my old age.  A beautiful day in Friday Harbor.  I did go into the office today - twice, actually.  Once to get some lunch for Joan, and then later in the afternoon when they decided they deserved an ice cream break.

I did my boat chores, walked little Izzy, wandered up to the Farmers Market, then took a drive with my boss to see their place here on San Juan Island... a pastoral place, set in a green valley with a view of the water and the mountains in the distance.  Very nice.

This afternoon, I did a reset on my Raymarine E-80 chartplotter.  I didn't bring a compact flash drive, so I wasn't able to save all my settings and waypoints.  No big loss.  It acted up the last time out - the plotter showed where we are on the screen, but not the proper heading or course.  I switched the screen over to radar and used the iPad as the main nav aid.

While setting things back up, I came across these aerial photos of Friday Harbor...



In the lower photo, you can see the ferry at the left side.  That first little boat you see to the right of the ferry... yeah, that's the boat I drive and where I have to put it into the slip.  That whole basin turns into a swirling pool when the ferry comes and goes... keeps you on your toes!

This morning, I took this photo of Izzy...


She was sitting in front of one of the window covers, with just a bit of soft light on her cute little kitty face.  Photogenic little thing.  She and I sat out on the dock, taking in some sunshine today.  And waiting for her working Momma to come home.


2 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

Your portrait acumen shines in that shot of Izzy

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Acumen? Isn't that a spice? :D:D:D:D