Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lucky I have to work...

Today is Joan's day off.  I have an afternoon trip and an evening trip.  I don't have to go in until around noon.  Joan spent some time in the cockpit this morning, enjoying her coffee and watching TV...


That relaxing will end soon.  She will be doing laundry and airing out all the v-berth cushions.  It is a beautiful day, and I will be driving a boat.  She made breakfast for us this morning, a nice perk when she doesn't have to work.  She is sorting laundry and bedding, so the boat looks like a cyclone came through the interior... I know when I get home tonight, everything will be perfectly in place.

We were joking in the office yesterday about Joan "needing" a day off without me around.  Yeah, it's true... she tells me that it's not because she doesn't want to spend time with me, but it's so she can get laundry and boat sprucing up done without me in the way.  I kinda thought I was helpful... maybe me getting out of the way is best for both of us?

Off to work.


No comments: