Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So, how was your day?

Our bookkeeper read my incident report.  When I got off the boat today, she asked the above.

"What a spectacular day!  Only the second time this season that I didn't need 4 layers!  No Orcas, but we got up close and personal with several Minke whales.  And eagles, sea lions, and seals, oh my!"

She said, "You sure have a good attitude."

"People pay good money to ride with us - they deserve to have a good time.  And what a beautiful day on the water: sunny, light wind, and nearly flat seas - it doesn't get much better than this!"

I wasn't saying that for her benefit.  We had guests on our boat who have ridden with this company twice before, both times on the bigger boat.  Joan suggested they try the other boat this time.  When they got off the boat, they went back to the office and told her how much they enjoyed it.

A boat full of happy people... just the way it is most days.

No photos to show you our time on the water, but when we came home, this cute little face was waiting for us...


How could you not have a great day when looking at that sweet little face?

Oh, and on the walk home, a marimba band was playing in the park.  I got to walk home with my Honey.  Yep, it's island time. ;-)  And a damn fine day.




No comments: