Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A beautiful morning...

We were up early... Joan has to be in at 7:45 again; my workday starts at the crack of noon.  In a small boat, when one of us is up and moving around, the other is... well, you know.  Truth be told, I have to get up or else I won't get my morning hot chocolate with a teensy bit of coffee (just to make me feel like a grown-up).

Joan was all perky this morning; looked outside and said, "This is a beautiful morning!  Maybe the nicest I've seen since we've been here.  No condensation in the cabin, low humidity - there isn't a cloud out there.  It's perfectly clear!  And a nice temperature.  This would be a perfect 'at anchor' morning."

"Yeah, but we aren't at anchor," I mumbled.  I've made a lot of noise in the past about being a morning person, so I figured I should get up and look out there to see what all the fuss is about...


Yeah, that is pretty.

I'm not the only one slow in appreciating the unfolding morning...


A quick check of the forecast shows clear, breezy (N@10-15), and a high of 80º.  It's probably going to be a bit lumpy out there today, but I may not need a jacket. ;-)  It was 66º at 7:30 this morning - there have been plenty of days this summer that barely made it to that for a high.




No comments: