Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ferry-1, Captain Jim-0

When I arrived at work today, I found out the ferry was running at least an hour and a half late.  Too many people on the late ferry to move them from one boat to the other.  We first decided that we'd be leaving late... then, one party of 12 cancelled - they were in line for the ferry and knew they couldn't make it in time.  Big financial hit, my boat cancelled, moved everyone to the other boat.

You have to stay flexible.  I'll have an evening trip, so today was a split-shift for me.  On the bright side, a friend and dock neighbor of ours plays in a three piece country/bluegrass band that is playing at the marina this afternoon - I got to see them play.  It is hot in Friday Harbor today, but it was very comfortable sitting in the shade in the park, listening to the music.

And now, back into uniform and off to work... again.


No comments: