Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Foggy again this morning...

We were up early, because Joan had to be in at 7:45 to open the place up.  The first thing we do on rising is check outside... yep, thick fog.  I pulled up weather: it says it's currently cloudy, no mention of fog.  Nothing in the hourly forecast about fog.  Yet... there it is. ;-)

Fog messes with my trips.  Not because we can't go in the fog, but because our guests arriving by sea plane can't get out of Seattle or in here.  We've actually had some very interesting whale watching in foggy conditions.

I got a call around 9:00 - no cancellations/rescheduling due to the fog, which was lifting.  At 11:00, another call - yep, several flights that can't get in.  Stand by.

I'm due to be in at noon.  I should know if I have a trip by 11:59 or so.  That's part of the job.


No comments: