Sunday, August 12, 2012

Seriously, you want me to eat that??

Little Isabella has not been a finicky eater, but recently, she has tired of her favorite: Ocean Whitefish & Tuna.  When we went off-island a few days ago, I picked out a variety of flavors for her.  I have made it a point since she became a part of the family to rotate flavors so she didn't have the same thing two days in a row.  I know her likes and dislikes.

This morning, I opened a can of Fish & Shrimp... within seconds, Joan and I both said, "Phew!"  Then Joan added, "Don't buy that one again."  I waited to get Izzy's vote.

We have our routine: I open the can, she rubs on my legs.  I put the food down, she waits for a rub on the back of her neck, then she dines.  She perked up when I opened the can, did her leg rubbing, waited for me to put the food down... and approached it like it was a land mine.  She stood right in front of the dish, took a more direct wiff, gave me a "you have to be kidding" look, and walked out into the cockpit.

If she had thumbs, I guess that would be a big "thumbs down." 

"Yeah, I'm layin' on the table... "




No comments: