Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The whales were reasonably close today...

We found them on the southwest side of San Juan Island... lots of whales, lots of activity, two boats full of guests.  One of our naturalists made up a "bingo" game, with photos of wildlife and other things you might see on a tour.  One of our guests got a "bingo!"

Besides the Orcas, we saw plenty of other wildlife.  Before leaving on the trip, I told the guests to take to look around while we were out and take in the beauty of the San Juan Islands... and it was a beautiful day - sunny, comfortable temp (relative, of course, but close to 70º), light breeze.  The sea state was a bit lumpy on the way out, but I ran with the seas on the way back in... the boat felt like a magic carpet while I took the guests to an eagles' nest, and perfect light on an eagle, posing in profile.  The Stellar Sea Lions looked like they were playing King of the Hill.  Seals swimming about.

No pressure to meet schedules for planes or the ferry.  It was one of those days where we knew we'd see whales.  I like those days.

And tomorrow, I get a day off with my Honey.  I like those days, too. :-)


No comments: