Saturday, August 11, 2012

You have the best job ever...

Another great day today: two trips saw the baby both times.  Plenty of activity, but the water started getting a bit rough this evening.  Nice folks on both trips, and a beautiful day.  Come to think of it, most of the trips are pretty grand.  When the guests were getting off the boat this evening, one guy said to me, "You have the best job ever."

I said, "I'm glad you enjoyed the trip."

He said, "No, I really mean it - you get paid to do this.  This is the best job I could ever imagine."  And then he put a nice tip in my hand.

Oh, I'll remember the drunks, the pukers, and the shotters (there is no nice way to say that), but the good days are many and the tough days are few.  About three weeks to go.  This is the first week I'll have overtime.  That guy would really be impressed with time and a half.  Wink


No comments: