Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gainfully unemployed...

We woke up this morning with no schedule.  I was still awake around 5:30, but I didn't have to get up.  Well, not until around 7:00 when the furry girl (talking about Izzy, not Joan) hopped into the v-berth.  I thought, "That's sweet, Izzy wants to snuggle."  No, she walked across me and meowed in my face.  I'm still trying to figure out her language, but I'm pretty sure it was, "Get up, lazy-ass - it's time for my breakfast!"

Even re-retired, it seems that I am on someone's schedule. ;-)

We will get laundry done today so we can return uniforms.  Joan reminded me that I need to get my coveralls out of the staff room (only needed those a couple times this season)... when the going gets grubby, the grubby get coveralls.

Joan took a photo of me yesterday, outside the office, showing my freshly shaved face...


I couldn't find a recent image with the beard, other than this Kitty-Daddy moment...


In spite of the look on her face, she loves being brushed.  Good thing, because she is quite the little hairball.

We are "formulating our plan" this morning.  That, I can translate: have another cup of coffee, Dear, and we'll get to the moving stuff and laundry when we feel like it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be fine with this new routine. :-)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your unemployed-ness & cruising lifestyle! I was hoping we could make it up there before your gig ended but it didn't pan out.

Working on the Admiral to take Verboten up for another San Juan's cruise next summer. Maybe we'll catch you if you decide to do it again.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

We'll look forward to the time our wakes cross. We'll be back - we really enjoy this area.