Saturday, September 8, 2012

My new mantra...

We spent a very nice evening on the hook, Joan got a guitar concert, adult beverages on the lanai, a nice meal with the waning daylight.  It was very quiet at anchor.



Without being plugged in, we put a down blanket on, in place of the electric space heater we've been using all summer.  No TV, but we listened to satellite radio while Joan beat me at Yahtzee and cards.

Little Izzy was rather upset this morning... it seems her "personal heated space" (the satellite TV receiver) was not plugged in and warmed up. Plus, it was 53º in the cabin when I got up (well after sunrise) and turned on the Wallas for some heat.

All systems "go," and the Honda generator ran Joan's Keurig this morning and is now warming up the water heater.  Plugged into the generator, Izzy got "her space" back...






Small boat cruisers have all heard: go simple, go small, go now.


I may change my mantra: Go comfortable, go now.  Cool 

No comments: