Wednesday, September 12, 2012

SHDD...

A re-posting of an exchange from our cruising thread on the C-Brats...

------------------------

dotnmarty wrote:
Well, since I have no idea what any of this ipad stuff means, I am contributing this to the discussion (perhaps 'contributing' isn't the right word);
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/09/apple-says-new-iphone-5-feature-gives-life-meaning.html?mbid=nl_Borowitz%20%2819%29


Of course, that is tongue-in-cheek... seriously, Siri never even knew my parents! Cool

I am certainly an Apple product user. Have been since the days of the old Apple IIe, then the first MacIntosh computer, nearly every other Mac computer since that time, a hand-full of iPods, a bunch of MacBook laptops, and (of course) an early model 3G iPad and Joan's iPhone4. BUT, I'm really not a fanbois. Wink That rumor about an Apple logo tattooed on my left butt-cheek is totally overblown... it's on my right butt-cheek, and I did get a copyright release from Apple when they found out how many people would be viewing it. (co-op advertising) Mr. Green

I find it hysterical how many of the Apple haters also suffer from SHDD (pronounced: shid) - Sense of Humor Deficit Disorder. Twisted Evil These so-called shid-heads get bent out of shape every time Apple introduces a new product or has a bit of fun with the product intro.

I don't care if anyone else buys any particular product, Apple or otherwise. We know what works for us. You buy what you want, we'll get what we want. If you don't buy an iSomething and choose to be a big loser, that is your loss.

No doubt some of these product users have replaced human relationships with their iPhone or iPad. Being around some people, I totally get that. But, how sad for the shid-heads that they aren't in on the humor.

Could I get by without my iPad? Sure. I do that all the time... I can hardly get it out of my lovely wife's hands. See? That was a joke, too! Mr. Green But, I am so totally going to get one of those new iPads when the "mini" comes out! Cool

I have to go now - I just got an e-mail from iTunes!! 


No comments: