Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Honey...

Not to be confused with Honey Boo Boo... I've only seen that little girl and her family once, and it made me feel sorry for what has become of society.  The Learning Channel came into being as a cooperative effort of the Department of Heath, Education, and Welfare and NASA.  Then, we privatized it.  I did learn something, though: perhaps Elvis was ahead of his time when he shot his TV?

But, I digress.  On this day, just 38 years ago (you're welcome, Dear) a lovely baby girl came into the world.  While this happens everyday, this one was special... my life wouldn't have turned out to be the adventure it has been without her.  My high school sweetheart, my wife, my best friend, my partner, the Mother of another lovely baby girl, and Momma to the cats who have been part of the family.  All of that, and still the hot legs, beautiful face, and blonde hair that left me tongue-tied all those years ago.

It is a delight to be able to spend this special day with our daughter and son-in-law.  Sleeping in a rectangle bed.  In a house that doesn't move.  OK, I just re-read that, and it is just the Blonde and me in the aforementioned rectangle bed.  Well, a cute cat does wander on and off the bed during the night.  And, we do get out of bed during the day, and that part is fun, too.

See, you still leave me tongue-tied.  Happy Birthday, Joan.  You might say, "It's just another day," but those of us who know you know our world is a better place because of you.


No comments: