Thursday, November 8, 2012

NGD, part 2...

The UPS driver was obviously feeling less sadistic today - he showed up two hours earlier than on Tuesday.  The box was well put together, but not designed just for a guitar, like the box the 814 came in.  I sliced open the box and we pulled out the case...


Nice case - it appears to be in perfect shape.  I held my breath and opened the case...


Oh... even better than I had hoped for!  It was described in the eBay ad as "like new" - pretty optimistic for a 2005 guitar.  No exaggeration, though; I pulled it out and looked it over.  Nice!  Not as badly out of tune as the 814 on arrival, but I put it down to get a tuner and a strap.

Little Izzy was very interested in this new addition...


Tuned up and strapped on, this is a VERY nice guitar!  I took it into the music room to check out the electronics - all systems are more than go, they kick butt!

I received an invitation for happy hour out on the deck... "Bring the T5."

"Yes, ma'am."


It was a very good day - we spent the morning on the boat.  The afternoon passed by with way less angst.  I said, "If this T5 is half the guitar that the 814 is, I will be delighted."

I am beyond delighted... plays great, looks like new.  My first time buying a used guitar.  The previous owner obviously took very good care of this.  It is a bit overwhelming to get two great guitars two days apart, considering my past experience of years apart.  I made the bid on the T5 after I had already done the deal on the 814.  I just couldn't believe that this guitar didn't go for a LOT more.  It didn't hurt that my Honey was right there, saying, "Go for it!" as the auction ticked away.  She was leaning towards a very pretty Koa, I was taken with this one.  Lucky for me that this auction ended first.

The weather is beautiful this time of year in the Tropical Tip of Texas... still, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the music room.   :-)



*NGD = New Guitar Day

2 comments:

Dave Gibson said...

Nice looking guitars. I have a Martin stuffed up in the forward stateroom that I haven't touched in three years. I really should get it out and re-blister the fingers on my left hand.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Callouses on your fingertips are good for your soul. ;-) I hear some people say the same thing about "shutter release finger callouses," too!