Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Izzy is thankful for...

I think she should be thankful for the Mommy and Daddy who care for her and include her in all our adventures.

I also think she probably is.  Hard to tell with cats.  Little Izzy is sweet almost all the time, and especially so at feeding times.

We are getting better at our communication... I'm thankful for that.  Still, there are a lot of times where I'm just not getting the message she is sending.  Today was not one of those times.

"I am thankful that I am not a dog."

I told her, "Izzy, you have some dog friends.  Remember Snack and Jake?"  Well, she likes Snack 'cause she is bigger than he is... not so sure about Jake, especially when he comes near her turf, like the house or the boat.

The TV was on today while Joan was busy in the kitchen.  After the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, there is the National Dog Show.  No doubt, that is where her thankful statement came from...

"They just try so hard.  And I can't believe they let people cut their hair like that."

Perhaps that is where the term "catty" comes from?

Check out these photos - the National Dog Show is on the TV in the background...




That is a yawn, not a growl, by the way. ;-)




"Yeah, I'm thankful that program is over.  And, I'm really thankful for my tower with the nice view.  Oh, and it's almost supper time - I'm thankful for that."

I'm thankful that she really is sweet, most of the time.

-----------------------

An image from yesterday: I am thankful for sunrises and sunsets...



No comments: