Friday, December 14, 2012

Working with an old friend...

While doing some guitar cleaning, I had my ES-335 off the wall.  I have had this guitar for over 46 years.  Received it for my 13th birthday.  I was already making money playing in a band.  I had been saving, but didn't have enough for this beautiful instrument.  My sister, brother-in-law, and Mom all chipped in to make it happen.  You often hear about a gift changing someone's life... definitely the case with this Gibson.

Playing in different bands, this guitar traveled with me all over the US and Canada.  It may have been the catalyst that hooked me on a wandering lifestyle.  I had the guitar before I met Joan.  It has great sentimental value, but I don't play it much anymore.  My Taylor interests have getting all my attention this year; but today, the 335 got new strings and polished up. 


She has plenty of miles and scars on her, but she cleans up nicely.

No comments: