Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's worth the trip...

We went to Dunkin Donuts for "Sunday brunch."  It's about 10 miles away... I wasn't looking to do donuts, but it was just a pleasant ride on the scooters.  The Blonde usually makes us a delightful Sunday breakfast... but, no ride??

We sat at a table outside; it was a beautiful morning.  When we walked back to the scoots, a guy who was sitting at another table got up and walked towards us.  I saw he was clean-cut and wearing a handgun on his belt, I assumed he was law enforcement.

He said, "Those look like fun.  Are they highway legal?"

"They sure are - you have to have 150cc for Interstate legal; these are 153cc."

As we visited, it immediately became clear that he was more interested in the fun and function... "I bought my wife a Ninja 250, but she doesn't really like it..."  We visited more, pleasant scooter talk.

I eventually asked him if he was LE... "What?"

"Law Enforcement - I see the handgun on your belt," I said.

Nope.  It's legal to carry (non-concealed) in Arizona, apparently.  I didn't know that.  Wouldn't have known that if not for the scooter discussion.

We took the scenic route home.  Almost due for another fill-up... I have two bars left on my fuel gauge, Joan has three.  I will never beat her in miles per gallon... I'm OK with that as long as I keep topping 100 mpg.  :-)


No comments: