Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kiss me, I'm Irish...

Nah, I'm an American.  But, it is St. Patrick's Day... and in regards to family heritage, I'm half English (that's the Bathurst side), but my Mother's side is Murphy.  Really Irish.  Joan's heritage is German (blonde hair and blue eyes).  Joan is a great cook... and for St. Patrick's Day, she made corned beef and cabbage.

With my bloodlines, you might think I would at least half like that.  I am a definite beef-eater, but I have never been a fan of corned beef.  Even less of a fan of cabbage.  Joan made the cabbage with potatoes and carrots.  Yeah, it still doesn't help disguise the cabbage. ;-)

That said, I really appreciate all Joan does to make sure we have a varied menu.  If I were left to my own devices, I'd be eating pizza for lunch and dinner... and cold pizza for breakfast.  Maybe tomorrow.  Today, we all have a bit of Irish in us.


2 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

I have the same heritage Jim, slightly more convoluted as both sides were Irish/English, with a tiny bit of Scotch (Scottish) thrown in. :)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Amazing we can get along with anyone, huh? ;-)