Saturday, March 16, 2013

Urban hauling...

I bought this ramp...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1200-lb-capacity-convertible-aluminum-loading-ramp-94057.html




Now, I need to get two Honda PCX 150s in the back of a 6.5' bed of the GMC in this photo...


I mentioned previously that I have been riding motorcycles for 45 years... the key word in that sentence is: riding.  Not hauling in a pickup.  Yes, I've had Harleys, and, yes, I've heard all the old jokes about hauling them.  BUT, I was not one of those hauling kinda guys.  I do have a cargo trailer that I've hauled bikes in, but that is 1348 miles away right now.  So, I know how to strap the bikes down, I have decent racheting straps... I'm just wondering if there is a BEST TECHNIQUE for getting these scooters up that ramp with my big burly self and my pretty-but-tough wife?

I have considered waiting in the truck while she gets them loaded, but the couch is a cold, lonely place... so, I figure I'll have to participate.

Any helpful tips, suggestions, or techniques are appreciated!

2 comments:

Bill K said...

Since they have a centrifugal clutch I would think you could start them and walk alongside as you give it enough throttle to go up the ramp.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

That's my plan, Bill... unless someone has a better technique.