Friday, April 5, 2013

The V-Strom is officially for sale...

The HitchHiker is ready to go into storage.  With that work done, I had time to get the V-Strom out to take some photos and get it listed on the ADV Rider forum...

---------------------------------------------------------

IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN I DESCRIBED!!!

We are home and have the RV ready to go into storage. With that out of the way, I took the V-Strom out for photos this afternoon...

First, I have to admit: I lied! When I said "less than 5,000 miles," I knew that would be accurate. I guess I had forgotten HOW MUCH LESS than 5,000 miles this like-new V-Strom actually has...



That's right: ONLY 3,782 ADULT-DRIVEN MILES!!! Gracious, this motorcycle is barely broke in!!!

As described, matt black with glossy black trim. The right side...







The left side...







Front...



That is a Windstrom windshield - it does a great job of directing the air off your torso. I am 5' 10" and can easily see over it. The less than pretty sticker on there is required for entry by our homeowners association. We are in a gated community - you don't get by the guard shack without the sticker. (Note to bad guys: 24 hour security, bike is under lock and key, alarm, world's best "neighborhood watch": mostly retired folks )

Gauges...



Seat and tank...



Rear...



Rear tire...



I know what you're thinking: "Oh, my goodness, Jim - it hardly has any wear on it!!" You're absolutely right - did I mention it only has 3,782 miles on it?? Seriously, if you think this is amazing, wait 'till you see the front tire...



You're right - it does look a lot like the rear tire with VERY LITTLE WEAR ON IT, because there is only 3,782 miles on the bike!!

Any skeptics out there thinking, "Maybe he put new tires on the bike?" Really? I am a straight-shooting, up-front kinda guy. But, just to prove to any non-believers out there, here is a shot of the peg...



Yep, looks like new, huh? That's because the bike only has 3,782 miles on it.

Now, a disclaimer: I rode the bike for a bit this afternoon, so it has a few more miles on it... like a grand total of 3,786 miles. I know what you're thinking again: "Wow, Jim!! You should ask EVEN MORE for this bike because it only has 3,786 miles!!"

No, I said, "$5,000" and I will NOT raise the price. Yes, even though the bike is actually a better deal than I first mentioned. That's the kinda guy I am.

Someone who is going to ride it needs to buy this bike. I have been riding a 150cc scooter for the past few weeks... I used to think this DL 650 V-Strom (some may call it a "Wee Strom", but there is nothing "wee" about it, other than the noise you will make when you are riding it!!) was a "little bike." No, after riding the scooter, this thing is a fire-breathing dragon that will almost pull your arms out of their sockets!! Really, someone needs to buy this bike before I change my mind.

This bike will be available for sale for the next 3 to 4 weeks. We are heading out again around the 1st of May, so it has to be paid for and picked up by then. Otherwise, I will take it off the market and ride it some more when I get back in the fall.

This is a VERY CLEAN, LOW MILEAGE, FINE EXAMPLE OF A V-STROM!! If you have any questions, e-mail me at eiwizATaolDOTcom (you know what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT", or you shouldn't be allowed to use a computer). An e-mail will get my phone number and you can asked me any other questions by phone.

Quite a few folks have contacted me by e-mail and PM. I have responded to all, and will send the link to this thread once again to let folks know that I have posted photos (just like I said I would, 'cause I am a man of my word). We are located in the southern tip of Texas (South Padre Island area), and several have asked about flying in and riding the bike home. I will pick you up at either the Brownsville or Harlingen airport, bring you to the bike, and give you directions for how to get out of the area (it's one road in, the same road out - pretty easy).

No warranty or guarantee given or implied. The bike is the way I originally said, as you can see from the photos. OK, it's actually BETTER than I said, but that's the way I do business.

First one who pays for it gets it. If no one realizes what a great deal this is and plunks their cash down on it, it goes off the market at the end of April.

No, it's not going on eBay, Craigslist, or anywhere else where people who don't appreciate a great adventure cruising/touring bike might lurk. I understand the premise of "inmate to inmate" offered here ad ADV. This is being offered in that spirit.

Subliminal suggestion: buy this bike!

Best wishes,
Captain Jim (aka: Jim Bathurst)

-------------

On edit, the photos are cropped a bit on here.  Check out the actual thread...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21118765#post21118765


No comments: