Thursday, May 2, 2013

A change in the weather...

We had the air conditioning running when we went to bed.  This morning, we have the heat going.  A cold front is moving through the area, dropping the temps by 40º compared to yesterday, with winds gusting to 40 mph.  Any direction we want to go looks like more of the same.  Yes, they are using the "S-word" (snow) northwest of us (parts of Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado).  I have my own s-word to respond to that.

----------------

I hate when that happens...

I was discussing traveling with the boat with one of my brothers-in-law yesterday.  I mentioned how I don't like to use the RV park or marina showers; they have a 5th wheel, and he said he prefers using the campground showers: "All the hot water you want, and you don't have to wipe down the shower."

This morning, we schlepped our stuff through the drizzly cold to the RV park showers.  I lined up my toiletries on the shelf above the sink and started shaving.  I bumped the shelf... my toothbrush teetered, then... fell right into the waste basket.  Yeah, I'm gonna miss that toothbrush.




No comments: