Tuesday, May 14, 2013

On a pedestal...

So, you're thinking that's where Joan puts me, huh?  ;-)

A project a day right now.  First things first: we made a platform for the VuQube (satellite TV) to sit on, to get it off the dock.  I bought the only scrap the home improvement store here had - 3/4 inch plywood, which is overkill for this, but the price was cheap enough.

We're not allowed to attach anything to the dock structure, so I had to make it so it all comes apart and can be removed with no sign that it was ever there.

That went so slick, I was half willing to take on the next task: wiring in the new battery charger.  Really, that should be easy... BUT, the new charger we bought has large ends on it that won't easily go through the wiring conduit.  AND, the wiring (we bought the one with LONG wiring) is almost long enough.  SO, we're weighing options on where to put this thing to make it work.


We decided to put it off until tomorrow so we can get an early start on it... hopefully, with some good news from the manufacturer tech support regarding some connections on the unit.  It's a ProMariner Pro Tournament 300L (the L stands for longer wiring), which sounds like a much better unit than the Guest chargers that keep crapping out on us.

On the bright side, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood...


We had a visit this afternoon from Russ and Toni (Traveler, Ranger Tug 27) - nice to see them again.  They are here a couple days early for the C-Brat gathering.  And, like us, doing some maintenance stuff to the boat.  That's a standard recurring theme for boat owners. ;-)

I walked up to West Marine late this afternoon to get a plug I'll need for the new charger.  They didn't have it.  I walked across the street to Ace Hardware.  A guy and a young lady were at the counter; the guy asked, "Can I help you find something?"

I said, "I need a female plug..."

Before I could get the rest of the sentence out, the young lady burst out in laughter... "A female plug! Heh, heh, heh!"  Obviously, she is either Beevis or Butthead's little sister.  The guy glared at her, let me finish and directed me to the right aisle.  She wasn't there when I came back to the counter to pay.


No comments: