Wednesday, May 29, 2013

That sounds like a potential liability claim...

When Joan got home from work last night, she asked, "What's the new dock for?"

I spruced up around the boat while she was at work, but I didn't replace the dock... I had no idea what she was talking about.  I stepped out of the boat to take a look...


"I have no idea - it wasn't there when I came back from the store this afternoon."

This morning, I walked by one of the marina staff and asked about the dock... "I think it's going to be for a playground for kids... you know, like with a slide and stuff."

Ohhh, that can't be good.  I can't imagine kids running around on a dock; someone is going to go in the water.  Joan said, "That's a big liability problem, if it's true."

It used to be a space where people tied off dinghies, especially those on mooring balls.  It will be interesting to see what it actually turns out to be.

It's a rainy morning in Friday Harbor, but the 10 forecast looks good after today.  We have the day off, except for a captains' meeting I have to attend this evening - all the islands commercial whale watch operators will be there.

Little Izzy is keeping an eye out...



No comments: