Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A gray ol' morning...

It was a gray ol' morning in Friday Harbor.  A light mist.  Still, very beautiful...


On our way to the pump-out, I saw an interesting boat.  What the heck... it's early, we're up, the light is pretty... good time for a walk on the docks.

Here's my Interesting Boat of the Day...



It's a Lagoon 400; what some would disparagingly call a "condo-maran."  A LOT of liveability on that boat.  Something I'd expect to see plenty of in the Caribbean, but not so often up here.  Yep, it takes up two slips in a marina.

I think that could possibly move up the list for my I-Won-The-Lottery boats.  Looking the other direction, there is a Gemini...


A bit more modest, but still nice cruising for a couple.  It was on my consideration-list when we were shopping for the C-Dory.  14 foot beam, it would certainly not be trailerable.

Walking back to Wild Blue...


We are enjoying the quiet pace on our dock.  I walked by one other boat that caught my eye...


An Island Packet.  Stout.  Classy.

It's interesting to see how the neighborhood changes on a daily basis when living on the boat.

Today is supposed to be a day off, but I am on-call.  If I don't have a trip today, Joan is going to take me out for lunch.  Well, after she's done making bacon and eggs this morning.  ;-)

It doesn't have to be sunny to be a good day.


No comments: