Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer solstice...

The summer solstice will be shortly after 10:00 this evening, making today and tomorrow the longest days of the year.  In three days, we will have a supermoon.  No, the moon will not be dressed in tights and wearing a cape; it is the coincidence of a full moon when the elliptical orbit of the moon is at its closest to the earth.  It makes for a dramatic photo.

A gray rainy day here in the San Juan Islands.  The wind is starting to kick up.  I don't have a trip today, and I'm OK with that.  Izzy and I are snug in the boat, Joan is at work.  I'll be going out in the rain to meet her for lunch.

Little Izzy is sitting out in the cockpit (enclosed) watching the rain...


Yeah, that's my raincoat she's sitting on (I had just come in after filling our fresh water tank).  I explained to her how fortunate she is to have a warm dry place to be and a good cat Daddy to keep her belly full (not to mention one of the chores Joan left for me today was cleaning the catbox)...  she said, "Hmmm?  Is it lunch-time?"

;-)


No comments: