Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A few more test shots...

I walked around the marina a bit, shot a few more images.  This camera has a very nice lens, but the extreme wide angle will limit its use for me.  You can adjust the res and shoot a medium view, making it more like a normal lens.  With no viewfinder and the usage being a lot of self-shots, I understand the reason for the wide angle: it's gonna be in there, somewhere.  ;-)

You can see the distortion with the vertical lines in these images...


The earlier GoPro cameras didn't have the low light capability of the Hero 3 Black model - it holds the detail nicely in the bottom image, which is contrasty.

A look out the cockpit on medium view...


Not a lot of "bend" to the masts, and it would be easy enough to straighten that in processing.

I did a video test on the docks, too - just "walking around" stuff.  It has near production quality video; I'm impressed.  I'm going to have to find a LOT of extra time (not likely) to play with that, though.



No comments: