Friday, July 26, 2013

Another early day...

Up and at'em early this morning.  I have an early charter, and the guests are flying in.  The fog has been an issue the past week, creating a hassle for folks flying in, and making extra work for Joan and the folks at our front counters.

Joan was up at 5:30, and the first thing she did was look out our back door... I asked, "Is it foggy?"

(Big sigh)  "No!"

Here's what I saw...


Some might call that a thin fog, looking east towards Shaw Island.  I call it glorious, because you can see Shaw Island!  Plenty of sunshine, so that thin stuff should burn off pretty quick.

Two of us showering and getting ready on a schedule.  In a smallish boat.  Yeah, we make it work.

Speaking of "small-ish"... a young lady on the boat yesterday said to her Mother, "I thought you said this was going to be a BIG boat??"  She was referring to the 42' boat of ours that they were about to board.

I pointed to the raft of dinghies off our bow and said, "Compared to those, we are a big boat."  Perspective.  Of course, it doesn't help my argument when the little girl was looking at the 108' private yacht right behind our boat.  ;-)


No comments: