Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bread winner...

I joke with Joan about this.  She puts in more hours at work than I do, since the office hours are relatively fixed.  Our typical days off have been Monday and Tuesday, but if I don't have a trip on those other days, I am off.  I send her off to work, calling her "my little bread winner."  On those days, I am the house husband... well, boat husband: I do the dishes, put on water, get her lunch, and pick up around the boat.

I had a water taxi trip on Monday that took most of the day, so our days off moved to Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  That was the plan.  I got a call yesterday, while having lunch...

"Yes, I can do a trip tomorrow."

It's the busy time of the year, so this is expected.  I may get another day off later this week... or not.  But it means Joan gets to be the boat wife today... and today is laundry day!

I got a hug this morning, and heard the words I usually say, "Have a good day at work today - make us some money, my little bread winner."

Turn-about.  ;-)


No comments: