Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Learning...

After supper (Joan made steaks), I took the GoPro out for a short session, this time using the phone with the GoPro app as a viewfinder.

If you have the time to set up the shot, it works.  You can't just point and shoot quickly... there is a 3 to 4 second delay while the camera sends the view via wifi to the phone.  I walked around the docks, getting the reflection of the setting sun in the water.  And, some other stuff.




I can see a closer subject is going to be more striking with this camera.  I haven't been able to find a place to mount it on the whale watch boats... yet.


5 comments:

John and Kathy said...

I.m sure they make a head band mount

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

They do. And, a chest mount. And a bunch of others. I got Gorilla Tape! ;-)

Bill said...

Jim, there is a difference in the fish eye effect between the 2 first pics of cloud. The horizon is less rounded on #2. Did you change any settings on the GoPro?

Ron, Mac 26X, KS said...

My go pro has been to the bahamas TWICE with my kids. Great pics.

Most fun video was of them doing a 5Kk mud run with son having the camera on a chest mount. Splashing/dunking in the mud, then "squish, squish, squish" as he tried to wipe the lense.

And for the camera, he had several shots of him helping his wife over obstacles--with hands firmly on her a$$. Funny.

Ron, KS

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bill. Yes, there is a setting for still shots for wide and medium views. Medium is still pretty wide angle. The video offers a third view of "narrow", which is closer to a normal lens on a 35mm.

Hi Ron. I don't anticipate running through the mud anytime soon, but it is good to know that the camera/housing can handle that. Probably won't have any shots of my hands firmly on the Blonde's ass... well, none intentionally... I'm still getting the occasional up-my-nose shot. ;-) Small camera, ham hands - there's only so much room for buttons on this little thing.

Jim