Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nobody's home...

10:30 am in Friday Harbor.  The marina is packed, but you don't see many people moving around...


I love a parade...

Yep, it's time for the Annual 4th of July Parade in Friday Harbor.  It's a small town - the line around here is: nobody's home... they're either in the parade or watching the parade, or they are working.  That sums it up.

Plenty of people...



Uncle Sam...


The Parade Marshall...


The theme is "The Fabulous 50s".  As the car above went by, a young lady asked me, "What kind of car is that?"

"A little before my time, but it sure is pretty," I answered.  I'm sure, to her, I looked like I was probably around when that car was new.  ;-)

People marching...



A helicopter and M*A*S*H unit...



Look close: Hot Lips Houlihan is in the shower, wrapped in a towel.

Some music...


And, no parade is complete without marching dogs (just ask Herb and Wilma)...



Izzy isn't crazy about noise and crowds.  She is very content sitting in the cockpit, where it's quiet right now...



No comments: