Friday, July 19, 2013

The GoPro No Go...

So, off it go.

I stopped at the local FedEx shipper and got the camera sent off yesterday morning... less than an hour after I received the Return Authorization number.  I heard back from GoPro this morning: it will take two or three days to "process" getting another camera out to me, then it will be coming FedEx Ground.

I guess if I sold something to someone that turned out to be DOA on arrival, I would be expediting something to the customer.  Ah, why back in my day...


2 comments:

John and Kathy said...

Whatever happened with the binoculars you had repaired?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi John and Kathy - nice to hear from you! It took a while, but I did get the binoculars back. The cost (they didn't charge me) would have been more than the binoculars cost new... it would have been less hassle and effort for them to pull a remanufactured pair off the shelf. Nothing efficient about most big companies.

GoPro has been decent work with - it's just disappointing to get a new "toy" and have it non-functional right out of the box. Then: "try this... try that... try this... buy this, that will make it work." The shipping method they are using is taking a week to go from California to Washington State.