Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wuss...

That's me.  I don't do cold well.  It's only going to get to 68º today, so before heading to work this morning, Joan suggested that I might want something warmer than a performance shirt... under my fleece vest and jacket.

It's been above 70º for the past week or so... I think the 68º thing is more psychological.  Even so, I put on a turtleneck to go under my uniform shirt... with the fleece vest and jacket over that.

Walking back to the boat this morning, the SUP/kayak rental place a few slips down from us was renting stand-up paddleboards to three young ladies in bikinis.  It was 58º... I would be in a wetsuit with a parka over the top of that.  Yeah, I'm kidding... I wouldn't do anything that might cause me to fall in the water at this temp!!


These PNW people are tough.

We were watching national news before Joan went to work... they were talking about the high heat in the southwest and mid-west.  Come to the San Juan Islands - it's plenty cool here!


3 comments:

Bob Keim said...

Oh yeah. That'd be enough to get me on a pattleboard in 40 degree weather! ;)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

That would make one of us, BababadBob.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Oh, and I think I'd like to try a paddleboard sometime... sometime when I am in water that is a LOT warmer. ;-)