Friday, August 2, 2013

Rain...

I don't think we had any measurable rain in July.  Today, August 2nd, we had rain... and cold temps.  The high locally only reached 59º; it was colder than that on the water.

I drove out of Roche Harbor today.  That boat has an open flybridge.  I was once asked, "What do you do when it rains?"

"You get wet."

The rain was getting lighter by the time we shoved off, but I wore my Gor-Tex coat to work.  Plus three layers under the coat.  Flannel lined pants.  Gloves.  I switched from a baseball type cap to a stocking cap once we were away from the dock.  Yeah, it was a bit chilly today.

I took a few photos with the GoPro; with the waterproof housing, I wasn't concerned about the rain.

Before we left...


Chartplotter and VHF are covered.  There is radar and business band radios that you can't see.  And we always have charts of the area we are traveling in out for viewing...


Yep, in a heavy plastic protector.

Some shots while enroute...



At the helm...


In spite of the chilly weather, it was a good trip.  Nice people on the boat.  Some were glad to have a cabin they could go in and still view through the windows.  I could use something like that at the helm. ;-)  Actually, there is an inside helm, but the visibility is way better from the flybridge, and that's where the radar and radios (other than VHF) are located.




No comments: