Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tick, tick, tick...

12 days left on our contracts.  Joan and I have a day off together today, a real treat.  Some of our regular chores need to get done (laundry, taking Wild Blue to the pump out, etc.), but we had a relaxing breakfast out, then a leisurely walk to the "other" store, where they had a tent set up outside for all the great produce available here in the PNW.

The odds are pretty good that we will get a couple more days off before we are done, so we may actually be down to single digits for work days.  This boy has some itchy feet.

As we get close, the discussion turns to "what next?"  It is going to be warm if we head south right away.  There are forest fires around the western part of the US that we want to avoid (had more than our share of smokey smells, thanks).  Boat time on the water sounds better than slogging through the heat with a boat on land.  We'll have to see what Mother Nature has in store as departure time nears.

Joan asked me what I miss about home, and I said (in this order): "The scooters, the jacuzzi tub, and the Select Comfort mattress."  I am lobbying to take off again once we check out the house, this time with the RV.  We can haul the scoots, it has a Select Comfort, too... but no way to take the hot tub. 

In the words of the philosopher Meatloaf: "Two outta three ain't bad."

7 comments:

Bill K said...

I read a blog where they have a portable Jacuzzi they carry in there motorhome.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Dang, I couldn't find room to bring the scooters with the boat this trip... ya gotta draw the line somewhere. ;-)

Bill K said...

I meant in the fifth wheel. LOL

Bill Kelleher

BTW, I don't know if you saw my post in C-Brats but I had to get a new engine for my C-Dory.

New Honda 90 and a 9.9

Cost a much as the boat. :((

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bill. No, I guess I missed that post about the new motors. A big expense, but it is usually the engine and electronics that depreciate, not the hull. You should be good to go for a LOT of years!

Bob said...

Jim - I use this site to get current info on fires - lots of smoke this year. We are spending Labor Day week on Lake Shasta (houseboat).
Bob Jarrard

Bob said...

OOPS - forgot the link to the fire reporting site - it is:
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/#

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob. Joan has been looking over that site. It will be a couple weeks, at least, before we start our trek south, but we'd like to find a route that keeps us out of the smoke, as much as possible.