Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Two! Count 'em - two!!

We had another day off together.  For those keeping score, that is: two in a row!  Joan did laundry while I messed with the Wallas (previous post).  With that out of the way early on (and a nice breakfast out), we untied Wild Blue's dock lines and did some cruising around.  I enjoy driving the whale watch boats, but Wild Blue is the boat for me.

No destination, no schedule, we just drove around and looked at the beautiful scenery.  Yes, I get to do this all the time, but Joan has been in the office... a lot.  And much of my driving here is about getting us to where the action is, on a schedule; positioning the boat so the guests get the best viewing.  This was nice.

Little Izzy didn't want to look out - she laid under the dinette and snoozed.  It's a bit like having a teenager onboard.  ;-)

Back in our slip, I wanted to go out for burgers (also like a teenager).  Two big meals, no one in this boat has to do the dishes - that is a very nice day off.

Some guitar time in the cockpit, with an appreciative audience of two (Joan and Izzy).  Joan mentioned the big Powerball drawing tonight... she likes that stuff, so I walked up to the General Store to get her a couple tickets (as in: two)... she promised, if she wins, she will take me with her.

I hope she wins.  :-)


2 comments:

Dave Gibson said...

Reminds me of a joke.

A woman bursts in the front door and yells "I hit the powerball! Pack your suitcases!"

"Fantastic!" says her husband. "Where are we going?"

"Nowhere. Get out!"

:)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Funny! :-D

I did confirm with the Blonde that she would share, had she won.

Someone has to carry the shopping bags. ;-)