Monday, August 5, 2013

Yeah, I know what I said...

It's Fogust.  I said I was done talking about the fog... but I thought we might be through that weather chapter for the summer.  I was wrong.

It was beautifully clear when we got up this morning at 5:30.  By 6:00, Joan looked out and said, "Oh-oh."  That's all... I knew what she was looking at: the fog was rolling in.

We look at it from different perspectives.  She thinks about the flights scheduled to come in with our guests and how the office staff will scramble to accommodate.  I hear the fog horn on the ferry and think about driving in the fog, wondering if the guests will get to see how beautiful this area is.

I have a charter today.  They are flying in, so my options are pretty easy: if they get in, I work; if they don't, I don't.  It would be best if it didn't drag on all day like one charter last week.

But, this morning, the fog is pretty in a moody sorta way...



No comments: