Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cacophony and a bug...

No, we don't have bugs on the boat... something got to me.  I was fine Friday night, felt like crap Saturday morning.  Great timing, since we are scheduled to pull the boat out on Monday.  And there is a bunch of cleaning and moving of stuff that needs to be done.

Now, some might think I scheduled this to get out of cleaning... au contraire - I wouldn't be allowed to clean the interior; the exterior is my domain.  I did my best to stay out of her way... you can only go so far on a small boat. ;-)

The weather weasels predicted crappy weather on Saturday... of course, it was beautiful.  They predicted really crappy weather on Sunday.  As of Sunday morning, they got that right.  90% chance of rain, high of 58º, and wind out of the SE at 30+ miles per hour.  Before I got out of bed, I could hear the sailboat halyards banging... clanging.  The wind was only 15 or so at that time... it continues to build as the day goes on.

It's a good day to be tied to the dock.  Even so, we are rockin' and rollin'.  The boat to the southeast of us is taller than we are - that helps.


No comments: