Monday, September 2, 2013

Epilogue: the fire; and down-time...


We walk by the burned out building every day.  Plenty of people have asked, and the investigators have given their findings: the fire was caused by an electrical short, likely caused by rodents.  Not an  appetizing thought, considering it was in a restaurant.  Last I heard, there were 4 insurance companies involved.

Time estimates to rebuild run from 6 months to 2 years.  I don't think anyone is absolutely certain about what the permitting process will take, with the building on the waterfront.

--------------------

I was determined to do nothing today... proud to say I achieved my goal.  Other than a leisurely walk to breakfast and the grocery store, some guitar playing, and a walk for ice cream, I spent a good amount of time in Wild Blue's cockpit.  Joan was ready for some down-time, too... well, if you don't count her desire to do laundry after sitting in the cockpit for about 10 minutes.  We obviously approach relaxation differently.  ;-)


No comments: