Monday, September 9, 2013

Fog... or not... yeah...

We left Anacortes in fog this morning...


Near the breakwater by the fuel dock.  Oh, and Anacortes has real (as in: NON-ethanol) fuel.  Wild Blue likes that.  We topped off and shoved off.  By the time we got out of the marina, there was less than 100 feet of visibility.

A mile out of the marina, it was reasonably clear.  Crossing Rosario Strait, thick fog again.  I had planned us to run north in Rosario, but changed that on the fly.  Heading west, we drove out of the fog again.  And then into another wall of it...


Then, clear...


Then, another wall...


By the time we got to the north side of Shaw Island, it was beautifully clear, and stayed that way.

We decided to head into Canada.  On the north side of John's Island, we saw a whale watch boat.  Then, another.  And, another.  I asked Joan if she wanted to see some transients (I could see the dorsal fins in the distance)... "No, let's head north and settle in."

I love seeing the whales, but I am just fine with moving on.  We crossed Boundary Pass, turned behind this different looking tanker...


Looking west towards Vancouver Island...


Wispy fog, but we turned into Bedwell Harbour... I think I will spend a couple days in the hot tub.  I may come out to sleep.  Maybe to eat, too.  Unless I can talk Joan into bringing me food.

Clearning Canadian Customs, the guy with the French accent on the phone asked,  "What is the purpose of your visit?"

"Relaxation.  Recreation.  Nothing with a schedule."

"What is your definition of recreation?" he asked.

I told him: "A couple days in a hot tub, then we'll decide where to."

He chuckled and gave me a clearance number.

I'll be in the hot tub if you need me.


1 comment:

Cynthia Rendel said...

I think Bedwell Harbor was our favorite stop! It was beautiful and the hot tub was working when we were there.