Monday, September 9, 2013

Seriously??

I called ahead to make sure the marina had space for us.  Yep.  I asked if the hot tub and pool were up and functional.  Yep.  We're coming in.

The wind was blowing and swirling long the cliff as we came into the marina... they told me to take a slip on the inside of the dock, between the dock and the rock cliff.  I lined up Wild Blue at the cliff and could see the wind was blowing more than I cared to take on with that narrow passage... we backed out and pulled up to the fuel dock.  The kid at the desk said, "I don't blame you - it is really blowing out there."  They gave us a different slip... easy, and it faced the right direction for us to get a signal with our satellite TV.

We tied off, hooked up to power, and set up the VuQube... all good.  Joan made us a late lunch.  She laid down for a nap (what a luxury!) and I put on swim trunks and headed for the hot tub.

When I went to turn on the jets for the hot tub, I saw this sign: "The jets on the hot tub are not working.  Sorry for the inconvenience."

Seriously?

The water was hot, and the pump was still working, so there was a slight bit of water flow in the hot tub... close enough.  I had it to myself for about 15 minutes, when another couple joined me.  There were the usual "Where are you from?" type questions.  When they found out I just finished the summer as a whale watch boat captain, they called two other couples over... more questions.  Joan came when she was done with her nap, but didn't get in since the jets weren't working.  More visiting.

They left and another couple arrived.  "Are you in a boat?"  When I told them we were in a C-Dory, they had plenty of questions.  When they asked if we've been other places with the boat, they were excited... she said, "That's what I want to do - he wants a bigger boat."

I don't get involved in those arguments.  ;-)

Back to our boat, and as evening settled in, Joan made us home-made pizza.  The wind had died down, and it was a beautiful evening...


Off our stern...



No comments: