Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Snow SUX...

That's a running joke with my TrailerSailor friends: I have the US Trademark on the words "Snow sucks" and every variant of that (under the trade name Snow SUX®)... every time you swear at the cold crappy weather, you have to pay me a royalty.  If that were true, I'd be rolling in the bucks... or, people would be constantly ripping me off. ;-)

When we left Anacortes yesterday, the National Weather Service was predicting snow for elevations above 5500 feet.  Instead of going east on I-90, we ran south on I-5.  Today, we turned east at the Columbia River, and ran along the scenic Columbia River Gorge...


Yeah, it was overcast... occasionally spitting light rain.  Until the road turned away from the Gorge - the the rain began in earnest...


And, yes, at one point, the rain turned to snow...


Fortunately, it wasn't long lasting, but... Snow SUX!

Out of Washington, across Oregon, into Idaho.  We are in making-miles mode.


No comments: